If ANI’s General Liability is bound, nonprofits are eligible to apply for event-trigger D&O coverage.
The key distinction with directors and officers liability is that it is intended to cover wrongful acts that are “intentional” as opposed to “negligent.” This is because directors and officers insurance is designed to cover actions and decisions of the board of directors. These actions may be in error and wrong, but they are, nonetheless, “intentional” acts. Most other types of insurance do not cover “intentional” acts. ANI’s directors and officers insurance is provided in an event-trigger form.
- Full prior acts coverage available
- Broad employment practices liability coverage including harassment and discrimination
- Broad definition of insured, including the nonprofit itself (entity coverage)
- No deductibles
- Payment as incurred
- Written on ANI DOET form
- Duty to defend
- Zero policy deductible
- Defense costs in addition to applicable limits of liability
- Defense outside the policy limits
- Broad coverage for employment practices
- Broad definition of insured
- $25,000 defense only coverage for breach of contract claims
- In addition, ANI pays for limited pre-termination employment risk management consultations for members, which purchase ANI’s D&O coverage.
Flat Rate D&O
Flat rate D&O Product for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations with zero employees. Specifically designed for nonprofits with zero employees, this low cost product provides D&O protection for nonprofit board members and the organization but excludes coverage for any employment related actions. The flat rate for this new product is $600 for limits of $1,000,000. New and renewal business with no employees are eligible.
Data and information is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for any other commercial or non-commercial purposes. Neither David M. Kulawiak, Inc. nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. By accessing our web site, a user agrees not to redistribute the information found therein. We provide customized links to select companies for your convenience only. We do not endorse or recommend the services of any company. The company you select is solely responsible for its services to you, the user. We shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your use of our services.