WHAT TYPE OF DISASTERS ARE COVERED?
Most homeowner’s policies cover all disasters listed below. Some policies provide coverage only for the first 10 listed. Check your insurance policies for the “perils” covered.
1. Fire or lightning
2. Windstorm or hail
4. Riot or civil commotion
5. Damage caused by aircraft
6. Damage caused by vehicles
8. Vandalism or malicious mischief
10. Volcanic eruption
11. Falling object
12. Weight of ice, snow or sleet
13. Accidental discharge or overflow of water or steam from within a plumbing, heating, air conditioning, or automatic fire-protective sprinkler system, or from a household appliance.
14. Sudden and accidental tearing apart, cracking, burning, or bulging of a steam or hot water heating system, an air conditioning or automatic fire-protective system.
15. Freezing of a plumbing, heating, air conditioning or automatic, fire-protective sprinkler system, or of a household appliance.
16. Sudden and accidental damage from artificially generated electrical current (does not include loss to a tube, transistor or similar electronic component)
17. All perils except flood, earthquake, war, nuclear accident, landslide, mudslide, sinkhole and others specified in your policy. Check your policy for a complete list of perils excluded.
Data and information is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for any other commercial or non-commercial purposes. Neither David M. Kulawiak, Inc. nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. By accessing our web site, a user agrees not to redistribute the information found therein. We provide customized links to select companies for your convenience only. We do not endorse or recommend the services of any company. The company you select is solely responsible for its services to you, the user. We shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your use of our services.